Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One step forward, two steps back

I've been potty training Doodlebug since November, when he was about 9 months old. Actually what we are doing is really more a form of elimination communication (EC). Basically I am watching him for signs of when he needs to use the potty and then just take him there. He's pretty predictable so we usually go after meals and naptimes.

Although every time we went potty his diaper was already wet, I was really encouraged that he seemed to understand what to do on the potty, and if he had to go when I set him on it, he went. He was using the potty about 80% of the time, and I hadn't washed a poopy diaper in weeks.

And then we hit a wall. Three days of missing every single time. Then one success. Then several more misses. Several poopy diapers to wash.

I don't know what's changed. I guess it's just going to be one step forward and two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google Analytics Alternative