Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jules Gluten Free Flour Blend

I refer to this gluten-free flour blend a lot when I am baking. It is my go-to flour for most of my baking recipes. It's easy to make and I keep a container of it stocked in my pantry and ready to go. I make double batches because I tend to go through it pretty quickly.

Just a quick reminder to always read the labels on every ingredient you use if you are cooking gluten free. I try to point out potential hazards but manufacturers make changes quickly and often so you always need to double check.

Jules Nearly Normal Flour Mix*

• 1 cup white rice flour
• 1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
• 1 cup cornstarch
• 1/2 cup corn flour
• 1/2 cup tapioca flour or tapioca starch
• 4 teaspoons xanthan gum

*recipe reprinted with permisssion

If you don't want to make your own flour mix it is available by mail-order. You can visit Jules' website at JulesGlutenFree.com for more information. She also has a lot of free gluten-free recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I have been making some awesome recipes with Jules for quite some time now. I seem to be really good at taking her recipes and making them even better. I will have to share my Croissant bread recipe with you. I'd love to find out how to get them in her book. I have figured out doughnuts, popovers, cheesecakes, and a whole host of other things based off her flour blend. :0) Drop me a line sometime and I'll get them over to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Google Analytics Alternative