Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stuff you don't need to know about me, but I'm going to tell you anyway

I read this on one of my favorite blogs this morning and liked it so much I decided to steal it.

The phone rings. Who will it be?
Either my friend Jennifer or my husband.

When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Yes. Unless they don't put the cart corrals in the parking lot. Then I just abandon it.

In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Talker, without a doubt. Once I get going it can be tough to get a word in edgewise.

Do you take compliments well?
Why yes I do, thank you.

Do you play Sudoku?
No, I tried it once. I can't figure out why in the world anyone would want to do that for fun. It was awful! And who makes up all those little Sudoku tables? What a terrible job that would be.

If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
5 minutes? Yep.
5 hours? Probably.
5 days? Plan my funeral.

Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yes. I was really bummed that I didn't get to walk in the bog. Yep, my big camp disappointment was a lack of bogging.


What was your favorite game as a kid?

I liked to play school, but only if I could be the teacher.

Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Nope, I'm already married and my religious beliefs preclude me dating other people while I am married to my hubby.

Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Be pursued. You tend to get more flowers and candy that way.

Use three words to describe yourself?
My husband says sexy, silly and sweet. In that order. I don't think I would have picked out sexy on my own, but he is the only guy I sleep with and if he says sexy then I'm going with it. (And by the way, he got a kiss for that answer.)

Do any songs make you cry?
When I was pregnant everything made me cry. I am still waiting for most of those hormones to wear off...8 months later.

Are you continuing your education?
I am supposedly working on my master's degree. I have one internship left and I really want to do it, but finding time and childcare is a little bit of a challenge these days. I am too busy enjoying my little boy.


Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?

Nope, I always wanted to though.

How often do you read books?
Daily. I love to read.

Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Present. I think it helps that I am at home with a baby all day. We are pretty much in the moment around here.

What is your favorite children’s book?
Umm, check out the title of my blog. It's from the book, If I Ran the Circus by Dr. Suess. That would be my current favorite. I also like Diffendoofer Days by Dr. Suess and all the Little House on the Prarie Books.

What color are your eyes?
Blue.

Where is your dream house located?
In my head. Heather who writes the blog I stole this survey from, says that the house she lives in is her dream house because it is where her husband and kids live. That is so sweet, but I'm just not there yet. My dream house is still located on the beach and has a hammock. And my husband and little boy live there too.

If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
My son. I cannot imagine the devastation of losing all my stuff, but as long as my family was safe we could replace it all. It's just stuff.

When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
2 years ago? I don't know. I don't eat out much.

Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
We went to the YMCA and a consignment sale.

Do you like mustard?
Not really. It's okay mixed in things, but I wouldn't choose to put in on my hamburger.

Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Depends on what we're eating. Ice cream? Chocolate? If it's one of those, then wake me up to eat it!

Do you look like your mom or dad?
Mom, hands down. When my hair was short (as hers is) it was very obvious were related. I grew my hair out.

How long does it take you in the shower?
Depends on the day. I'd say about 15 min on average.

Can you do the splits?
I doubt it since I don't even know what the splits are.

What movie do you want to see right now?
I don't even know what's playing.


What did you do for New Year’s?

I was 9 months pregnant. I slept until the neighbors set off firecrackers in the street at midnight. Then I lay awake in bed and tried not to think mean thoughts about the neighbors for the next hour or so as they partied outside my window.


Do you think The Grudge was scary?

What's The Grudge?

Do you own a camera phone?
Yes.

What’s the last letter of your middle name?
N. What kind of survey question is this? I mean, do you really feel you know me any better now that you know that?

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
As many as possible. Unless I have insomnia. Or stay up reading. Or watching TV. Or my son gets up 700 times needing a paci. I think I average about 6 or 7.

Do you like Care Bears?
They are not something I think about all that much.


What do you buy at the movies?

I haven't been to the movies in almost 2 years. Usually just a ticket.

Do you know how to play poker?
Nope.


Do you wear your seat belt?

Yes.


How many meals do you eat a day?

Three, and a couple of snacks.

Do you like funny or serious people better?
Well, funny people tend to be more fun. But I love a good coversation, which can be hard with a funny person sometimes. It's a toss up.

Ever been to L.A.?
No, it's not a place I really want to see. I imagine miles and miles of traffic backed up, smog and then lots of people who are dressed really fancy (like for the red carpet). Not my cup of tea.

Did you eat a cookie today?
A cookie? Umm, well...technically no. I ate broken pieces of what probably amounts to several cookies.

Do you hate chocolate?
No, why would anyone hate chocolate?

Are you a gullible person?
Oh yeah, I believe just about everything. Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary? No really! It's not.

Are you easy to get along with?
Sometimes. I can be very opinionated and very stubborn. Especially if I think I'm right. And sometimes after I realize I'm not right but I don't really want to back down because I think I might look dumb. But by then it might be too late. And then I just feel sorry for my poor husband. Actually, I'm probably not really easy to live with. My huband is a patient man.

1 comment:

 
Google Analytics Alternative