Sunday, December 13, 2009

Homemade Snapple

We have elves. Or maybe gremlins. Or very hungry caterpillars. I'm not sure which. But they live in my pantry and keep eating one ingredient out of each recipe I want to make.

I'm pretty sure it's not my husband or Doodlebug. What person would finish off the white rice flour or eat a can of tomato paste?

I wanted to try a homemade Snapple recipe I saw this week somewhere. So I heated up some water, stuck a tea bag in it and went to the fridge to get out the juice. But there was no juice. Arg! The hungry caterpillars struck again. Hmm, is there anything I can use? Ah, frozen juice concentrate, that'll work.

I keep some frozen juice concentrate on hand for recipies that call for a little juice. Lots of my crock pot recipes say to add 1/4 cup of apple juice or something similar. If we don't have any regular juice I just scoop out a little of the concentrate, add a little water and use that instead.

I put about 1/2 spoonful of orange juice concentrate and a bunch of crushed ice in a large mug. Once my tea was done I poured it over the ice. The ice melted very quickly and my drink was cool, although not cold. I added some Splenda to sweeten it up a bit and took a sip. It really does taste like Snapple. In fact, I think I need to go and make myself another cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google Analytics Alternative