Friday, December 18, 2009

Mmm...Meatballs for Dinner


Ever wish you had a personal chef? Someone you could call in the morning and say, "I'm in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Could you please have that ready at six o'clock? I may not have the personal chef, but I have the next best thing, my crock pot.

Now I know what you're thinking, "A crock pot? What is she, crazy? That's not anywhere close to having a personal chef." Ah, and that last statement is where you would be wrong. I am in serious love with my crock pot. Since my son was born I can find odd snatches of time to cook, but rarely time for a time consuming project like making meatballs, frying them and then putting them in sauce to cook for several hours. But my crock pot solves that problem for me.



When I have a few minutes early in the day I mix up the meat and other ingredients. Then I throw it in the crock pot raw and by dinner time I have spaghetti and meatballs. Mmm, it's a wonderful comfort food and so easy to make.

I make my recipe fairly small since it's just for my husband and I. This makes enough for our dinner (served over spaghetti) and a couple of lunches for me.

1/4 lb ground beef
1/4 lb ground pork*
1/4-1/2 t Nature's Seasoning
1/2 small onion minced**
1 egg
dash of salt
dash of pepper
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 package of spaghetti cooked***

Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. When throughly mixed shape meat into balls slightly larger than a golf ball and place in the bottom of the crock pot.



Pour the spaghetti sauce over the meatballs and cook for 6-8 hour on low or 3-5 hours on high. Serve over spaghetti.***



*can substitute all beef, all ground turkey or turkey and pork together
**or can substitute 1/4-1/2 t onion powder
***as long as spaghetti is gluten free this can be a gluten free meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google Analytics Alternative