Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday Cake

We had Doodlebug's first birthday party over the weekend. It was so much fun! And I am so tired.

I was planning to upload a bunch of pictures and make a fancy collage. What was I thinking?

I thought I'd start a bit smaller and upload our cake pictures. My sweet hubby made a really cute cake for Doodlebug.

First he baked two 9 x 9 yellow cakes and carved them into the shape of a "1". We had a little trouble with the top and had to perform a little cake surgery. But it was all covered up by the frosting in the end.



Here he is frosting the cake. After he made the cake he told me this is only the second one he's ever frosted. I was very impressed.



After Chris frosted the cake we outlined it with jellybeans. They added some color and covered up the places where we smeared the frosting on our cake board.



I think the cake turned out really cute for our first attempt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to remember this one for DJ's first. I like the simplicity of it. Kudos to your husband!

    ReplyDelete

 
Google Analytics Alternative