Friday, February 5, 2010

Turkey Meatballs



It can be a little tricky trying to cook at the end of a long day with an infant. I decided to pull out our crock pot and start trying all the crock pot recipies I could find. This one had been saved in a file for a long, long time. It sounded good, but also a little odd. I just wasn't sure if I would like it. Well after making it I discovered that I don't like it. I love it! I was astonished that meatballs put in the crockpot raw actually browned, but they do.

This recipe tastes even better the next day and freezes really well if you happen to have any meatballs left over. Mmm...turkey meatballs.

Turkey meatballs

Ingredients

--1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
--1 egg
--1 tsp kosher salt
--1 tsp ground black pepper
--1 ½ t poultry seasoning
--1/2 onion, finely chopped
--1 cup natural applesauce or 1 peeled and finely chopped apple
--1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
--1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries (optional)

Directions.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground turkey with the rest of the ingredients.

Make golf-ball sized meatballs, and drop them into your crockpot. It’s fine to stack them on top of each other.

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 5-9---the cooking time will depend the number of meatballs and the size of your crockpot.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good Amy! I will have to try it. What did you serve along with the meatballs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night was homemade sweet potato fries. It also goes well with green beans.

    ReplyDelete

 
Google Analytics Alternative