Friday, June 18, 2010

Making Hostess Cupcakes


I've been debating whether this little tip is even blog-worthy. It's such a simple little thing.

My mom, who also has Celiac, used to love Hostess cupcakes. Now that she has to eat gluten free, they are off-limits. She came up with this little trick to make these gluten free cupcakes at home. I think you could also do this with regular cupcakes.

1 box Betty Crocker gluten free cake mix
1 stick of butter
1 cup water
3 eggs
Marshmellow fluff.

Make your cake mix according to the directions on the box, or you could use my slightly healthier version of making this mix.

Put a small amount of cake batter into each cupcake tin. Add a generous dollop of marshmellow fluff and top with remaining batter. Bake as directed.

The marshmellow fluff will rise to the top, but the taste is remarkably close to Hostess Cupcakes.

And just a side note, I tried to duplicate her results by using marshmellows instead of fluff. It was not nearly the same. I just thought it would be easier. Next time I'll just use the fluff

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google Analytics Alternative